- Reduction: Course Directors are permitted to reduce the number of assignments and make changes to the kind and weight of assignments (including tests and examinations) provided the changes do not disadvantage students, and preserve academic integrity and, where relevant, accreditation requirements.
- Alternate Format If Possible: Where a course has a sit-down final test or examination, instructors are encouraged wherever possible to allow alternate formats, such as take-home exams or assignments. Students must have the choice to continue with the original evaluation scheme if they prefer, subject to necessary adjustments to the format or timing of evaluation
- No Doctor’s Note: Until further notice, students will not be required to submit an Attending Physician’s Statement in support of requests for deferred standing or petitions.
- Minimize Change: Keep your adapted assessment as close as possible to current campus-based assessment recognizing that rote/memory-based questions do not generally work well on open book exams
- Inclusivity and Reliability: Be as inclusive, accessible, valid, and reliable as possible
- Keep it simple: Low-tech options can be preferable at this point in the semester
- Be Considerate of Students: These are new and challenging times for our students as well – give guidance on preparing for and being successful in the final assessment and consider that students may have multiple exams to work on concurrently. Please take a look at this page on how to support students in completing their remaining assessments.
The steps and processes to take when converting your major assessments to online learning.
General Guidelines for Adapting Traditional Face-to-Face Final Assessments to Online
Instructions for Adapting Specific Types of Assessments
- Please note that most of the resources on this site are currently oriented to support alternatives to traditional final exams.
- If you are seeking more guidance on adapting assessments, please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding academic policy matters, please contact the Vice Dean at email@example.com
References and Additional Resources
Here is a list of resources used in the creation of the Assessment section of LassondeLearn.ca: